/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, March 31, 2005

School days...

Sorry about the scarcity around here. Blame it on Holy Week exhaustion, and reacclimation to campus life after field ed. Getting back in the academic swing of things has taken more attention than I anticipated, given that a) this is the third year I've been doing it, and b) I only have three classes this term; finding the rhythm has been a challenge. Between 10 weeks of parish work (just as intense, at points, but in a very different way than seminary requires) and serious "Senioritis" (much of which stems from an eagerness to move into my call, born of that field ed experience), I'm finding it difficult to settle back into the routine of classes, reading and research papers.

At the same time, I'm glad to be back among friends and classmates, sharing this life we've known together for a little while longer.

And the courses are going to be fun! I've already mentioned the class on Exilic Prophets with Frank. In addition, I'm also taking Biblical Theology with AKMA, and Liturgical Practicum in Celebration (aka "Play Church"). In other words, I get to spend my time this quarter learning the ins and outs of eucharistic celebration, and noodling around in scripture with some phenomenal professors. What's not to love?

Well, I can't say that some of the reading is especially lovable. Instead, "dense" is the word that comes more readily to mind. And Tuesday's Bib Theo discussion... well, suffice to say I was much more able to connect to the lecture in the second half of the class. Today's readings were much more accessible; I hope the conversation goes that way, as well.

Speaking of reading, I'd best get back to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home