/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Justice. . . ?

Indiana is, by and large, a good place to live. Oh, we have our quirks and idiosyncracies, certainly; but Hoosiers are generally friendly, practical sorts. I'm usually pleased to say this is my home: where I was raised, and where I am raising my children.

Today, reading this. . . not so much.

State-sanctioned execution, even of someone guilty of the crimes this man committed, is still murder. In this case, murder done in my name and on my behalf-- as well as the rest of the citizens of my state.

Sweet Jesus, have mercy on us all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not all killing is evil. For example: killing Hitler would have saved millions and would have been a morally righteous thing to do. That's an extreme example of course but it illustrates the point. Assuming this man was in fact guilty of the crimes he committed he deserved his punishment. - Enyclopedia-1.com

March 12, 2005 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home