/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Testing day






Testing day has come and gone, and I am pleased to say all went well. My husband is now officially shodan, and sporting a spiffy new black belt.

Actually, there were two people testing yesterday afternoon; and, though I will admit to a certain bias, it was evident that Bruce was better prepared in several areas. A testament both to his hard work, and to the solid teaching ability of his sensei (who by day really is a schoolteacher, and has been for 30 years). I was very proud of him.

It was a good day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tripp Hudgins said...

Huzzah!!! Yahoo!

*bow*

Well met, sensei. Well met. Shodan. Heh.

I will not be wrestling Bruce in the basement any time soon. Only the heavy bag for me!

March 06, 2005 8:53 PM  

Blogger Beth said...

congrats to bruce! exciting!

March 07, 2005 7:56 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to everyone for their comments. It is greatly appreciated.

In response to BrotherBeal's question, I think I am going to stick to Aikido. I have studied Tae Kwon Do and Kung Fu, two of my training partners cross-train in Soo Bahk Do, another studies Kali (sp?) and I have investigated other styles such as Hapkido. To my mind (and at my age!) Aikido provides more than enough physical exertion while remaining intriguing and mystifying. As Sensei says, "Violence without beauty is a waste of time."

March 09, 2005 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home