/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Ready and not. . .

Thank you, one and all, for your prayers and good wishes. I appreciate the latter, and can use all of the former you can muster.

I find that I am a jumble of emotions over all this-- excitement, of course, and a certain relief, as well as a sort of convicted joy.

At the same time, I have these moments of what might best be described as amazed panic. I mean, as Cliff noted in the last set of comments, we (my family and I) have been on this path, through joy and struggle, for a long time. How strange it feels to be at this point: at a turn in the road we've been approaching for so long that I hardly recognize it, now that it's in front of my face. I feel both eager and afraid, both confident and inadequate, both supported and challenged in a way I've never been before. I can't wait for the middle of April to get here, and I'm surpressing a mild urge to run swiftly in the other direction, before someone figures out how very ready I'm not.

Okay, God, this was your idea; and once again, I'm hanging on for the ride. Your will in all things, and to your glory.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear Pot:

You are ready. Breathe. Relax. Smile and dream. You are ready.

Love,
Kettle

March 20, 2005 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home