/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Ten things I've done. . .

Strictly speaking, the original title of this little game was "Ten things I've done that you probably haven't," but I'm not feeling quite that challenging today. Anyway, DawgDays had it on his blog a few days ago, and it got me to thinking. My life is not especially exciting, all things considered; but here's my version.

I have. . .
  1. hiked and camped in the Kaibab-- the south rim of the Grand Canyon.
  2. broken the same arm three different times.
  3. ordered 400 tons of steel to be scrapped.
  4. been kissed by Harry Chapin.
  5. earned certification to teach CPR.
  6. gone skinny-dipping in the Atlantic Ocean.
  7. signed up to be a bone marrow donor.
  8. operated a Scanning Electron Microscope.
  9. tiled a bathroom by myself-- both floor and tub surround.
  10. made my own cassock.
How about you?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Well you stillmanaged to get 9 things I haven't done, so that's pretty fair. I have gone skinny dipping in the Atlantic Ocean, although that had more to do with catching a wave wrong than any intention on my part.

-R

March 13, 2005 6:30 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Almost drowned in an unguarded pool at the age of 10, trying to teach myself how to swim (got pulled out by a local teenager).

2. Got stung by a Portugese Man-O-War jellyfish while bodysurfing in the Indian Ocean after I taught myself how to swim (almost drowned again, but was able to float to shore, using the one arm that was not paralysed).

2. Was in an earthquate at Tokyo Airport (Rikter scale of 7, I'm told, with the building shaking shortly after we landed. (Everyone else there was so used to earthquakes they just went on reading their newspapers, while I tried to keep from falling and wondered if I should "take cover" or something).

3. Got detained and then released in Soviet Russia for being in the "forbidden" section of the National Library (during detente).

4. Got scratched fencing to "first blood".
shari

March 14, 2005 8:08 AM  

Blogger Theresa Coleman said...

Well, I've broken an arm in two places. Once. And I used to use an Electron Microscope every single day, whenever I wanted to. More of an art than a science.

March 14, 2005 5:00 PM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

Yours are more interesting than mine, but I think I could skip Harry Chapin, as well as the broken arms.

But the Kaibab sounds cool!

March 14, 2005 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home