/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Monday, March 21, 2005

Back at it

Palm Sunday yesterday-- and back in my home parish, after several weeks of field ed adventures. It was good to see folks, and to reconnect.

Today, in addition to being Monday in Holy Week, was the first day of classes for the new term. And it was a busy one.
  • Unloaded the car-- clean clothes, sheets, towels and guitar up to the dorm room; vestments back in the sacristy.
  • Bought books for the new term. I always vacillate between cringing at the cost, and reveling (is that one "l" or two?) in the adventure promised by new texts. Once again, reveling won out.
  • Moved back into my place in the chapel, tardy but not unreasonably so for midday Eucharist. It is good to be settled back in there.
  • Lunch in the refectory, which included still-warm chocolate chip cookies-- lovely!
  • Deacon training, a la the Seabury customary. After the Feast of St. Income and All Taxes, there will be nine deacons here; so we now have a rota for serving at all the Tuesday and Thursday Eucharists for the rest of the year.
  • Checked email, and spent some time cleaning the dorm room. I've been gone several weeks, of course, and Hope has been dashing in and out between housesitting; so the space needed some serious attention. Fortunately, I was inspired.
  • First class: Exilic Prophets, with Frank as professor. This is going to be fun!
  • Finished organizing: old files stored away, and binders and bookshelves prepped for the new quarter.
  • Dinner, reading, and my evening call home to the family. Then some practice time, more reading (yes, classes have really started!) and catching up on the blogiverse.
Now it's time to shed some layers and open the window a bit wider-- the radiator is doing its level best to imitate summer in here!-- and try to get some sleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

I'm jealous. The prophets class sounds great. I took a class as an undergraduate. Today it seems we either ignore them or mine them only for their poetic and stern language. They're much more interesting when we take the time to understand what they were saying and their reactions to their history and politics. Have fun!

March 22, 2005 7:30 AM  

Blogger David said...

Yea, what he said! I wanna take that class!!

What books are you using? Is there an online discussion I could sneak into? I use a lot of "Frank stuff" in sermons and in teaching. Would love to be in this class....

March 22, 2005 8:07 AM  

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

Yes-- I'm really looking forward to this, too.

David-- There's no mention of an online discussion, but if you give me a "snail-mail" address, I'll be glad to send you a copy of the syllabus.

March 22, 2005 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home