/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Ephesians 5:22-33

The following came over my email this afternoon. Seems I have a namesake... and a soul sister. No, I have not tried this technique-- haven't needed it. Bruce is a good cook, and does as much of it as I do. There are, however, myriad applications for the general theory...

*********************


Jane had a system for labeling homemade freezer meals.

She would carefully note in large clear letters, "Meatloaf" or "Pot Roast" or "Steak and Vegetables" or "Chicken and Dumplings" or "Beef Pot Pie."

But when she asked her husband what he wanted for dinner, he never asked for any of those meals. So, she decided to stock the freezer with his various requests-- what he really likes.

In Jane's freezer now you'll see a whole new set of labels. You'll find dinners with neat little tags that say: "Whatever," "Anything," "I Don't Know," "I Don't Care," "Something Good," or "Food."

No more frustration for Jane; now, no matter what her husband replies when she asks him what he wants for dinner, it's there waiting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawgdays said...

Funny!Funny!Funny!Funny!Funny!Funny!Funny!Funny!Funny!

I read the story first. Then I read the verse.

ThankYou!ThankYou!ThankYou!ThankYou!ThankYou!ThankYou!

It was just the thing for this virtual Monday.

September 07, 2004 5:16 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First thought: This is her husband we're talking about, and not her teenaged offspring?

Second thought: Oh, no, she wouldn't ASK her offspring.

~Si

September 07, 2004 10:31 PM  

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

Yes, Si, I often ask my children if they have a preference for dinner. But only if I am prepared to eat out.

September 08, 2004 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home