/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, August 26, 2004

This is a study break??

Another immediate task on my agenda today is fleshing out my CDO profile, and putting together a resume.

All those in our diocese in the process toward ordination will be joining our bishop, Standing Committee, and Commission on Ministry for an overnight meeting tomorrow night. Candidates for Holy Orders (those in the stage of the process right before ordination, like yours truly) are to bring copies of a resume, and to have completed filling out a profile with the Episcopal Church's national Church Deployment Office (CDO)-- a database of clergy and lay professionals available for ministerial work in the church.

I haven't put together a resume in a whole lot of years, and so this feels a bit odd; and the CDO interface is not especially user-friendly, to put it kindly.

So I'm using this blog to procrastinate, putting off doing what I'm not enthused about doing.

Knock it off, Jane; just get it over and done, okay?

Okay, already. Back to work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

Good luck with all of that. We were pretty much on our own for that type of stuff -- or at least I was. Not sure if that's SOP for the diocese, or if they just wanted me somewhere else. Doesn't matter, I'm employed; and I'm betting that within 9 months you will be too.

August 26, 2004 12:02 PM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

putting off doing what I'm not enthused about doing.'Tis a familiar lament around our house.

Does this clock look familiar?

August 26, 2004 1:08 PM  

Blogger David said...

Couple of things that may be helpful:
Doing a CDO profile before you have been employed in ministry is bordeline silly. But you will at least have a starting point for when you CAN put in what you've done.
The resume is much more important. Here's the format I used that the churches I was involved in the search process with found very useful:
Part I - Work and Education experience, pre-seminary. All the schooling and jobs you've had to that point.
Part II - Church related work, pre-seminary. ANy and everything you were involved in at the local parish and diocesan level.
Part III - Seminary - all the "extra" stuff, committees, service work, CPE experience, conferences, internship, etc.

Good luck

August 26, 2004 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home