/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Halfway there

One of the activities on my list has been a course that Seabury offered this summer, entitled "History of Medieval and Reformation Theology." It's not required in our curriculum (we have a 3-quarter history sequence that is required for graduation); but I signed up to take it because of some gaps and that I had felt in what we had covered previoiusly. Most of it is indpendent study: several texts to read; then quizzes to take online, primary source material to peruse, and some timelines to construct. We will be having some conversations about the material, in the next few weeks before school is back in session. They are not required, but should be really helpful in reinforcing the lerarning, so I'm going to try to get up to as many of them as I can.

However, I'm feeling under a bit of a time crunch, as the self-paced nature of the course has allowed me to let the schoolwork slide, under the press of other commitments. That summer internship (as you may have noticed!) was more involving than I had expected it to be, as have a few other things. I also sometimes chose to spend time with the family rather than hiding with a textbook. And this was very good.

SButo now the kids are back in school, and I'm making up for lost time. I finished the third quiz (of six) this morning, and hope to have the rest of them completed, and the accompanying source material read, by this time next week. It's really interesting stuff, and I'm enjoying the focused time, wallowing in the details of medieval machinations.

I'll share some of it with you when I come up for air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home