/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Monday, April 11, 2005

Odds and ends

It was an odd sort of day, here. Up and down...

I did some sewing for a classmate (converting some blouses into clerical shirts) before I left home this morning. This took a bit longer than I thought, so I was late leaving the house for school. I don't like to be behind schedule, even if it's only my own times and plans; so I flung my stuff into the car in a hurry, and headed north. I got all the way here, put away my vestments in the sacristy, carted my laundry basket up to my room-- and only then realized I'd left my backpack at home. Computer, homework, wallet... all 50 miles south. Ish.

Back in the car I got, and make the round trip again-- which ate into planned work/errand/study time, so I've felt a bit off kilter and out of sorts all day long.

Heather helped restore my equilibrium, though. Even though we needed to reschedule because of the aforementioned goof, she eventually came over with her guitar and we played together some. Actually, to be honest, she played, and I tried to keep up (thanks for your patience, sis!). I've got a long way to go with that, but it sure is fun trying.

I was the officiant at Evensong tonight, for the first time since last December, before field ed. I'd have preferred not to be singing through the remnants of this plaguey cold, but it felt lovely to be there, even so. Fortunately, the cantors this evening were all "A" team caliber, and so largely made up for my lack. And God was praised in the doing-- which is the whole point of the exercise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

May I say, "Slow down . . . relax . . . breathe."

I, too, hate being rushed; but I haven't figured out how to slow down when I get that way. I guess it just takes practice.

Glad to know you did well at Evensong, although I've never heard you do badly.

April 12, 2005 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home