/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Sunday, February 06, 2005

What it was, was football

Along with most of America, we are watching the Superbowl at the moment. Dinner is nothing formal tonight-- tacos, and various munchies for grazing-- and we are parked in front of the television.

I am far from being the biggest fan of the game in general; I understand the basics, but the nuances are lost on me, despite some of the Ref's best efforts. Still, it's fun to watch, especially when it's a big deal like this. We're midway through the second half at the moment, and it does seem to my untutored eye that, even though the Eagles scored first, they are having real problems hanging on to the ball. I don't have a preference one way or the other, but the Patriots seem to be the team everyone thinks will win, so I'm inclined to hope Phily does well... just because.

Meanwhile, there is some entertainment value in the commercials as well. We've been watching those as much as the game, around here. A few good ones, so far. ("We" includes just the family tonight, though several people have stopped by via iChat-- and Mark and I have been exchanging pleasantries throughout the evening).

And then, of course, there is a certain virtue in simply sitting back and enjoying the view. Oh, yes. Not baseball players, but they'll do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home