/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Random musings from a sleepy seminarian

Pleasant surprises. I am generally something of an introvert; however, I'm an introvert who likes houseguests. Even unexpected houseguests. And especially unexpected houseguests who not only appreciate a self-serve kitchen, but who thoughtfully bring decadent, berry-filled muffins with them. Last night we had one of those, and it was a very good thing.

Should Have Known Better. This afternoon we allowed Kyle to cajole us into taking him to see a movie called "Are We There Yet?" If you haven't seen this, don't bother-- the title nicely sums up what I kept wanting to ask the projectionist as I checked my watch every few minutes, willing it to move faster. Nothing inappropriate for the kid, but oy, what a waste of time. Even he conceded that it was lame, lame, lame.

Not Ready for Prime Time Players. I officiated at Evensong at Trinity this evening, as Eugene was down for the count with a nasty, nasty cold. This was the first time I've ever done so-- and maybe the second time I've sung anything solo, publicly-- outside the tolerant confines of our seminary community. Must have been okay; people were kind with their comments, and no one ran screaming from the nave.

Good eatin' The service was followed by Trinity's annual Louisiana-style Shrimp Boil. I cannot speak to the authenticiy of the event, but I do know that we had some awfully tasty food this evening; those people can cook. Dinner was followed up by a cake that should be declared illegal. Wow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 06, 2005 8:13 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Checked whose watch????

-Bruce

February 06, 2005 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home