/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, January 20, 2005

In every heart, there is a room. . .

Billy Joel does have a way with lyrics.

The family is dispersed, at the moment. Bruce is watching something on TV, the elder child is chatting with friends, while the younger is artistically engrossed. Me, I'm... pensive this evening.

Got to St. A's around 9:00 yesterday, shoveled off and salted the areas in front of the front and side doors. Then I had a couple hours alone before I officiated Morning Prayer, as Carol needed to be elsewhere for the day. Prepped the liturgy, and a little homily, and then had as much a block of silence in which to work, and pray, as I've had in a long time. Time to think: to consider current events, and ancient history... distant friends, and recent decisions... to examine the holes in my soul, holding them up to the light of day.

A necessary exercise, upon occasion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home