/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, December 19, 2008

RevGal Friday Five: Countdown to Christmas

List five things you need to accomplish before Christmas Eve.

The good news is that our Christmas shopping, and all of the wrapping and shipping and distributing of gifts that go out beyond the walls of Chez Hoosier, is Done. Done. Done! But there are other "To-Dos" still on the list...

  • Baking: I am the family Christmas cookie maven, and this weekend is Bake & Ship time. Butterballs, sugar cookies, kolachkis, toffee... I love this part of the tour.
  • Preaching: I still need a sermon for Christmas Eve. 'nough said.
  • Posting: Fold, address and mail church Christmas letters (yes, I know today is normally my day off; you'll have that), as well as cards and notes to our personal list. That didn't happen until later last year (we called them Epiphany cards); but I hope to get at least some of them out before we leave.
  • Packing: We are headed back to the midwest for several days' vacation, and very much looking forward to the trip (woohoo!). Of course, this means laundry, sorting, etc.
  • Praying: Daily devotional time each morning, despite my inclination to get all the work done first. "All the work done" never happens, and time spent intentionally in the presence of God... needs to.
How about you? What does your list look like?

2 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

I too send out "Epiphany" cards....taking full advantage of teh 12 days of Christmas...have a good Christmas and a good time off

December 19, 2008 12:41 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

I want to visit your house on baking day!

December 19, 2008 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home