/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

This brief, shining moment

With all the good and the bad and the ugly that this campaign has been;
With all the mistakes that Obama (being human) will undoubtedly make;
With all the ways I will likely disagree with policies and decisions over the next four years;
And notwithstanding all the reasons I chose to vote the way I did;
When I heard McCain's concession speech, and Obama's acceptance, I could only think of one thing:

My son can look at the president-elect of the United States of America, and see... himself.

(Props to Padre Mickey.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

This is really, really outstanding.

November 05, 2008 5:56 AM  

Blogger Jules said...

And here's to many, many bright shining moments to come!

November 05, 2008 6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home