- Up: We took some time off this weekend to wander west of here, for what we called "Clergy Night at the Game." The rest of the world knew it as the Dillon/Anaconda football game.
- Down: There were supposed to be more of us there, but several had changes of plans at the last minute.
- Up: the folks who did come were great company! The Dillon priest (another Jane!) and her husband, Fr. John, Rev. Ref. (who really was the ref that night!) and his Lovely Wife, along with his sister and her family.
- Down: The football game was a rout: Dillon was up 46-0 at the half, and finished the game 46-8 even with their JV squad playing the whole second half. I can't help but feel badly for the other team when that happens.
- Up: Spent the night at Chez Ref, and had a dandy pancake breakfast with the extended family before we hit the road home.
- Up: A two hour nap, uninterrupted, followed by a fun movie.
- Down: As much as I wanted to, I wasn't able to make it back east for the ordination today of a beloved friend.
- Up: Prayers of thanksgiving as she was made a priest of the church anyhow. Blessings, Beth!
- Up: A wonderful service at St. Alban's this morning, with 22 people present-- including several visitors!
- Down: the new Advent candles we ordered don't fit the wreath, and need to be sent back and exchanged.
- Up: still plenty of time before Advent to do that.
- Down: Low attendance at St. Paul's, and a broken water heater (in addition to the rotted out front door that needs to be replaced). We do NOT need those bills just now.
- Up: A parishioner who offered to take us out hunting when deer season starts. I don't know if we'll actually go; but it was a kindly offer from some wonderful people, and any additions to our freezer would help to offset the lack of a raise again this year...
Overall, more ups than downs. This evening that will have to be enough-- and as my grandmother would say, "enough is as good as a feast."