/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Snow Day!

This morning was supposed to be our regional board meeting-- a combined confab held quarterly with the vestries of all 4 churches. We have a full agenda, and lots of stuff to cover.

But the weather decided otherwise. The snow started to fall early yesterday morning and began accumulating in earnest last night. I woke this morning to 6" of heavy, wet, soggy snow in our driveway. The report from my wardens in other towns is that's a minimum-- they are measuring their snowfall in feet. And it's still falling.

The roads are NOT safe-- even going slowly with 4-wheel-drive, I slipped and slid more than once. The approach to snow removal in this part of the world is perhaps most accurately summed up by a statement I heard from our governor, the first year we lived here: "I don't worry about it much. I figure the guy who put it there will clean it up."

And so I canceled the meeting (we'll reschedule later), turned around and came home. I shoveled off the driveway and sidewalks (did I mention this stuff is heavy?) and came in the house. I'm now parked next to the fireplace, cat on my lap and hot chocolate in my mug, watching the snow continue to fall.

Life is good in Montana.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Looks like fabulous knitting weather!

October 12, 2008 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home