/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Beginning, again

I'm back from Evanston, and so grateful for these few days-- oh my yes!

I was grateful for "bonds of affection" renewed and made stronger and more real. Seabury may not be the same as it was, nor will it ever be again. The weaknesses and challenges of the place are no less clear to me than they were when I was in the crucible that is The Process Toward Ordination; but there were and are strengths and virtues there too, and they were very present in this time.

I was grateful for good food (and free range tea!), and friends with whom to share it.

I was grateful for the joy of voices lifted in song, harmonizing "the old, old story."


I was grateful for the gift of godly preaching. Sweet goodness, was it ever! Bp. Lee from the Diocese of Chicago was our preacher at the closing Eucharist of the year in the chapel, Thursday evening. At the Commencement Bp. Steven Charleston, retiring dean at EDS, sent us to "cast out demons in Jesus' name," in an evangelical proclamation that was both inspiration and challenge. Do yourself a real favor and listen, here.

I was grateful to visit the midwest! All the green, and blooming trees...

But for all that, I am grateful to be home. This is still where I belong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home