/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

'Tis the season. . .

. . . for ordinations!

Last Saturday, the Diocese of Chicago ordained a group of new priests, among whom stood friends and seminary classmates. Prayers and thanksgivings for the ministries of Dave, Leigh and Jane, who now offer their service to God in a new way.

Tomorrow, the bishop of Missouri will lay hands on Hope (my former roommate), and thereby ordain her to the diaconate. Beth and I will be there, to pray and rejoice with her in this new beginning.

And beloved friends Todd and Mark celebrate the anniversary of their priestly ordinations this week-- marking one and two years, respectively.

Congratulations, everyone! I am blessed to be in such good and gracious company; and the church is blessed by the work these godly people do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

We're making some new priests here in OK, too, tonight. First priestly ordination since our move here--so fun.

I'm so glad for Hope.

December 21, 2005 6:54 AM  

Blogger Rev Dr Mom said...

Well, I'm late commenting, and new to your blog.....one of my friends was among those ordained in Chicago (Kevin), and I'm thrilled that it is done!

And a couple of my classmates are in St. Louis, so I know what you mean.

My own ordination to the priesthood is coming up January 7, so yes, tis the season.

December 28, 2005 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home