/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, November 19, 2005

"To your call once more we rally. . ."

All right, I am not the biggest football fan to come down the pike. Ask the Ref, who's patience I've tried regularly with my glazed eyes and semi-clueless questions as he has tried to instruct me in the intricacies of the game he so loves, and I. . . sort of don't, so much.

There are exceptions to every rule, however, and today was one of them. Even though they finished with a losing record (in conference play, as well as overall), and the lack of any hope for a bowl bid, the Boilermakers earned their keep today, bringing the Old Oaken Bucket back home to Lafayette where it belongs.


Go, Boilers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

" Alma Mater hear our praise. Where the Wabash spreads its valley filled with joy our voices raise.

From the sky in swelling echos come the cheers that tell the tale,

of our victories and our heroes hail Purdue we sing, "All hail!"

Hail, hail to old Purdue , all hail to our Old Gold and Black. Hail, hail to old Purdue, our friendship may she never lack,

Ever faithful, ever true, let us raise our song anew, of the days we spent with you, all hail, our own Purdue!"

Thanks for the memories this brought up! I was a member of the Purdue Reamer club. Yes, the ones who trotted out on the field with the "World's Largest American Flag"

Good times...

November 20, 2005 12:07 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Purdue for me!
I hit 2 of the other big 10s on my way to div school, though! (neither of which is doing well in fball this year, I think...though what do I know?)

November 21, 2005 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home