/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Friday Saturday Procrastination

I need to finish tomorrow's sermon, really I do. That being the case, of course I have gone back to catch up with the RevGal Friday Five, a day late.

  • 1) Have you ever gotten a really good kiss under the mistletoe?
Nope. Not once. And putting up real stuff a few times over the years proved no more efficacious than the plastic sort.

  • 2) Do you know anyone who makes real eggnog, not the stuff from the carton? And if so, do you actually like it?
My grandfather used to make eggnog, and I thought it was atrocious. Of course, that may be because he tended to be heavy handed with the "nog."

  • 3) What's your favorite Christmas party album/CD ever?
All right, I'll confess: I have an irrational soft spot in my heart for The Chipmunks. My grandparents gave me the album when I was little, and it still makes me giggle every time. For "real" Christmas music, I think my favorite is Manheim Steamroller's A Fresh Aire Christmas.

  • 4) Does your office/workplace have a party? Do the people there ever behave the way people in movies behave at office parties, which is to say, badly?
I'm afraid I have nothing to compare to Quotidian Grace's tale. Back when I was in the business world, I found our office parties to be singularly boring affairs.

The only thing remotely comparable we've attended this year is the annual party my home parish rector hosts for the vestry (aka church council, or session, for those in other traditions). We've often attended these-- first, back when I was on the vestry, and now because my husband is. Although there are many bad jokes told (some of which are only repeatable in select company), I've never seen any bad behavior.

  • 5) If you have to bring something to a party, what is it likely to be? Do people like it?
One of my Christmas season standards is homemade toffee, which I'm told is pretty tasty. I'm also fond of molasses cookies; I use my mother's recipe, and roll the dough in sugar, and underbake them slightly so they stay soft.

And I'll give you the recipes another time, if you like-- but right now, it's back to the sermon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home