/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanks. . .

It seems trite, maybe-- but I think that pausing to give thanks to God for the blessings in this life, especially before Advent begins, is a "good and joyful thing." Here's just the beginning of a list; if you'd like to add on in the comments, feel free.

  • I am thankful for family: one husband, two children, and all more than I could ask for or deserve; a loving father whose health is improving; a brother and sister in whom I rejoice; in-laws who continue to be family; and a boatload of nieces and nephews who amaze and delight.
  • I am thankful for friends: who support and challenge and travel unreasonable distances to do so; who laugh and cry and share themselves, heart and soul, in ways that humble and grace me daily.
  • I am thankful for communities: the neighborhood in which I live; the godly parish in which God and the bishop have placed me; the seminary in which I studied and discerned; and the online circles which enrich and nurture.
In all of these places, I am shown the face of our Lord. And I am grateful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Blessings to you, and happy Thanksgiving!

November 23, 2005 8:25 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://cluelesschristian.classicalanglican.net/?p=96

Happy Thanksgiving

November 23, 2005 9:36 PM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

It is most certainly NOT trite. Indeed, it shouldn't be reserved for the fourth Thursday in November, but observed every day.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm thankful for life, the universe, and everything. And while that's a shameless ripoff of Douglas Adams, it seems to fit.

A most blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours.

November 23, 2005 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home