/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, February 17, 2005

"Too much time on my hands"

Um, not hardly. The last couple have been really busy. Good, but long and busy.

Tuesday: Visiting shut-in parishioners, helping finish Carol's move into her new office space, and shoving furniture around the commons (parish hall) at St. A's, to accomodate the regional clergy meeting that would be there the next day. Then a warden's meeting Tuesday evening at Trinity.

Wednesday was a very full day. I left the house at 6:30, for 8:00 Eucharist at Trinity, followed by helping to copy and assemble vestry packets, to be mailed out for next week's meeting.

Then I went over to St. A's, to finish prepping for the clericus. Making coffee, setting out food... and covering the bulletin board in the commons with some nice fabric, because it was beginning to look shabby. We decided the day before, while we were setting up, that needed to happen (see what happens when you put women in charge?) so I rooted through my remnants at home and found something that would do. It looks much nicer covered in a brown calico print.

Regional clericus from 11:00 - 2:00. Bible study, Eucharist, and some lively discussion. This was good. Good food, too, and terrific cookies. I'm glad I did not give up desserts for Lent.

Next, a meeting with the Bishop; and tidying up after the visiting clergy (some of whom are apparently accustomed to being tidied up after; their mothers would not have been pleased with them). Then Carol and I did some some general planning for upcoming services, as well as Holy Week. I will be here, and preaching, for Maundy Thursday. The service will be a bit different, and I'm looking forward to it.

Lenten soup supper 6:00, followed by evening prayer; and then finally, blessedly home, around 8:30 or so.

Today I'm working at home - sermon prep, and some reading for my history class. Thanks be to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home