/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, January 07, 2005

Done.

That's it. Finished, completed, printed and turned in. . . done.

A magic word.

Seven essays, an estimated 11,000 words, cranked out this week-- at a rate roughly triple my usual writing speed. How much of it will actually be coherent to the readers remains to be seen, but it's not my problem anymore. I did what I did, and I'm done!

Our class went out to dinner to celebrate this evening. Rebecca found this nice little restaurant that could accomodate our group of 20+ seniors (plus a few spouses), and there was much eating and drinking and the sort of happy nonsense conversations that happen when the stress comes off.

Tomorrow, all our tests will be boxed up and sent off to the readers for scoring. We're supposed to get the results back sometime the middle of February; an odd sort of Valentine's Day card, but there you have it. Until then I can relax and enjoy my field ed quarter.

One more thing. . . I've had a lot of good people working on my behalf this week-- praying for me, making sure I ate, caring for me in countless ways large and small. Whatever else comes, the incredible gift that I've been given in this is something I will carry with me forever. Thank you seems so small and inadequate a response; but know, dear brothers and sisters, that I am humbled and profoundly grateful for every bit of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

Congratulations! And take as much time as possible to enjoy being finished with something. The next big task will be upon you all too soon. :-)

January 08, 2005 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home