/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Southern Indiana report...

...coming to you live from snowy New Albany, on the banks of the Ohio River. The drive down here was much less of an adventure than we had getting home from my dad's place a couple weeks ago. In fact, we made it in record time, simply by keeping up with the traffic tooling down I-65 at... ahem, a very brisk pace.

Tonight we're staying at Grandma's house. The kids will be spoiled rotten while Bruce happily gets all technogeeky with his brother Steve and I spend some time sewing with Steve's wife Beth. She is an amazingly skilled seamstress, and has generously offered to help me finish a chasuble for my friend Kate, who will be ordained at Epiphany. Between the two of us, it should be ready to wear before the evening is out. This will be loads of fun-- the fabrics Kate chose are vibrant and shimmery and eye-catching, just like she is. Not my speed at all, but it will be perfect for her.

Right now, however, the house is quiet. The boys have gone over to meet with a business client. Mom's at work and Beth is out running errands. The kids are watching a movie and I'm playing on Uncle Steve's wifi.

Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home