/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Sunday, December 19, 2004

God's gracious gifts

There were several, over the weekend. Of course, not being able to bi (or quad!) locate, I missed much more than I would have preferred. I was at my dad's house in Western Michigan, sharing a pre-Christmas Christmas with family too seldom seen. And though I got sick in the middle of it (necessitating an extra night up there), it was grand to spend the time nestled within the foundations of my life.

Meanwhile...
  • In Detroit, the bishop of Michigan ordained four people to the diaconate-- including Susie, my sister with the angelic voice and exuberant, loving spirit.
  • In Chicago, Charlie was among several ordained to the priesthood. A gentle soul with a smile that reaches into his eyes, and a gift for holy, wholly listening that few share.
  • Out in Montana, Rev. Ref. was also priested-- this my beloved brother, whose strong, knowing heart and gift for speaking truth continually overwhelm me.
The Lord has indeed lifted up his countenance upon us. Thanks be to God!

1 Comments:

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

You were missed. But it's always nice to see family that you miss; and glad to know you're feeling better.

December 22, 2004 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home