/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Home again... for the moment

Last night we celebrated the new year in grand family style, with lots of good food, and many overlapping family conversations (overwhelming, at points, for this borderline intovert; but so long as I retreated for some down time now and again, it was fun). Then we greeted midnight with Uncle Tony's homemade fireworks. Tammy and I sang together, too-- and while some might call this a hokey moment, it made my heart glad.

This morning, we gathered everyone into the living room, where the adults watched while the grandkids opened their Christmas presents. Lots of grandkids, which meant lots of paper shredding and squeals.

And then after lunch we made the long drive north, mostly through drizzle and fog. Fortunately, the roads were clear, so we got here without incident; unloaded our luggage, my sewing (yes, we finished the chasuble!), and a load of venison from this fall's hunting season; started the laundry; and collapsed. It was a good visit south, and I'm really, really glad to be home.

Right now we're watching a movie, and I'm looking forward to one night in my own bed before I wander up to Seabury tomorrow afternoon. Not a bad way to end the first day of 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home