/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, June 05, 2004

Seminarian-in-Charge!?

Yep-- tomorrow morning I start my summer gig! For the next ten weeks, I will be working part-time for the smallest congregation in our diocese: St. Mary's Fellowship, in Monticello, IN. Their vicar will be spending the summer in Great Britain, courtesy of the good folks in charge of doling out Eli Lilly grants. In a weak moment, she and my bishop decided I would be just the person to "mind the store" while she's gone. So, I will be officiating at Morning Prayer on Sundays (of course this includes preaching!), leading weekday Bible study, and working to strengthen community connections with Grace House, the shelter that takes up the 2nd and 3rd floor of the parish house (the first floor has been renovated to serve as a chapel). Incredible outreach for a congregation that normally doesn't number in double digits on a Sunday morning.

This is going to be an adventure. Start praying now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawgdays said...

Sounds like VC-S in BSC.

Start praying now.Count on it.

June 06, 2004 10:25 PM  

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

Yes it does, doesn't it.

BTW Wes -- I tried to comment on your blog, but it won't let me because I've been identified as a "source of unwanted spam."

June 07, 2004 7:53 AM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

Hmmm. I'll have to look into that. I haven't changed anything.

June 09, 2004 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home