/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Movies and munchies

This afternoon, we took The Boy to see Shrek 2. My expectations were low, I'll admit. I had expected to be tolerant of inadequacies, as that's my usual experience with sequels.

This one, however, was a pleasant surprise. The dialogue was good, the show kept moving, and even though the ending was entirely predictable, getting there was a hoot and a half. Well worth the price of admission.

The munchies, however, were another story. This particular theatre has the standard popcorn, of course; we purchased some, that being The Boy's favorite film snack. But the candy choices are woefully lacking.

They don't sell Dots.

Now, this may not strike you as such a big deal, but my dad got me hooked on these gummy little gems long, long ago. I rarely eat them at any other time-- and they are utterly necessary to my whole movie experience. However, this theatre doesn't carry them, and has no intention of doing so. Believe me, I've asked.

So I have become a cinematic smuggler... stopping at the grocery store on the way to the theater, hiding my clandestine import as we pay for our tickets, and pulling out it out after we are safely in our seats.

Gotta have the Dots.

What about you? What's your movie food?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sno Caps.
Or Junior Mints.

lwj

May 29, 2004 9:40 PM  

Blogger Jimmy said...

It's always been Milk Duds for me.

May 30, 2004 9:35 PM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

Popcorn, with extra butter, please.

May 30, 2004 9:41 PM  

Blogger Justin said...

I am a fan of the 100 lbs bag of Reese's Pieces!

May 31, 2004 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home