/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Homiletic musings

I was up on campus today, for a makeup preaching class (scheduled to fill in for the time we'll miss next week-- more about that later). My sermon went well, which is good, because this was sort of a dry run-- I'm preaching "for real" on Sunday, in my parish. So I'll wait to post it until then.

Then I stayed for our Thursday night Community Eucharist, and I'm glad, because it was Rev. Ref's last turn at Seabury. I hadn't heard him preach before, so I'm glad I had the chance. The Ref is not an especially polished speaker; there's no pretense to sophistication there. What you see is what you get. And this is a Good Thing, because what you get is solid, and strong, and direct. He'd be welcome in my pulpit, anytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home