/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

All done, now!

That checklist in the previous post? Done. Papers turned in, sermon delivered (you'll get that in a week or two, when its Propers roll around), final taken, project presented.

Insert doxology here!

Only a few last items remain, here "on the block" in Evanston. Our final Evensong is tonight, and that will be a joy. Tripp's presiding, Micah's the lector, Susie and I are cantors. I'm grateful to be a part of this worshipful bit of farewell to the year.

Tomorrow is packing up, and rehearsal-- and a bit of breadbaking, and breadbreaking, with some other friends.

And then, Commencement. Beginning again, and letting go.

I can't wait... and at the same time (and never more than in the last day or two) I don't want it to come.

Oh, my, that's going to be a day.

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Summer plans???
A great gift I received from a priest friend in Mississippi was a little money for my rising-senior summer so that I would not work - and spend great, quality time with my family. Knowing I would probably never have such an opportunity again, I did exactly that. It was FANTASTIC.
I highly recommend it - forget internships and the like, if you can swing it then do it. You won't get another chance.

June 03, 2004 11:11 AM  

Blogger David said...

Oh...and guess what....you are a SENIOR!!
Congrats

June 04, 2004 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home