/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, December 20, 2003

Life in the Spirit


A very full day today...

...a breakfast far larger than we normally enjoy, cheerfully served by our incredibly gracious hosts. Marge and Ron's place is a haven of hospitality, nestled in the pine trees.

...over to the church for rehearsal. Heather's running late-- it is morning, after all. She arrives wearing clericals just like she was born to it. God's hand is sitting well on my sister.

...Joelene reads the Old Testament, her voice clear, and gentle, and strong.

...Mark, answering the bishop's question: "I believe that I am so called." Dear Lord, the conviction there.

...clergy gathered round, laying on hands in the Spirit, palpably present in the moment.

...dinner back at Mark's place, sharing a meal after sharing The Supper. Laughter, and smiles, and the sort of goofy theological humor that abounds in a seminary crowd.

Today was a gift and a blessing, and I wish I could tell you how grateful I am to have been able to share it. Mark, my brother, you are a wonder; and I pray that Christ's anointing, laid on you this day, continues to support and absorb and strengthen you in the life He has chosen for you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home