/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, August 17, 2007

Wandering...

It's not that I haven't had anything to post, honest. Quite the reverse. But doing so properly would take too long.. so here's a bullet point summary of what I've been up to.



I spent one day working at an ice cream social at the Absarokee Days celebration, the parade for which went right in front of our church. This is the Black Horse Patrol.








Then we took off for few days vacation, visiting my brother and his family in Minnesota. There we went tubing...





... and visited that mecca of conspicuous consumption, the Mall of America. We only saw part of it, of course; the place is beyond huge. but this was the shot that caught my attention, right as we came in the door.

I have no words.



Speaking of consumption, we also took time, later in the week, to go out for ice cream-- a far better alternative to the above, particularly when accompanied by our 3-year-old niece. Isn't she splendid?!


Since we got back, I've been catching up with pastoral - administrative - liturgical goings on, throughout the region. And catching up on a boatload of email. And giving brief, glazed looks to hundreds of blog postings, that I will just never read. The work before and cleanup after being gone still amazes me.. but it's worth it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mall ministry!

August 17, 2007 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home