/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Slackin' off

Okay, so much for even thinking I can do everything. As you well know, some things slip by the wayside; this week, the blog has been among them.

The list of what has kept me moving?
  • Church - St. A's, as well as Reconciler. Both have upcoming events that require some planning and arranging. They also (naturally) involve a time conflict for me, but the good folks with whom I work have been most generous about helping me to juggle (read, taking on the lion's share of the chores).
  • Ordination planning - still pleasant, mind you (and thank you for all your good wishes!) but details keep cropping up that I hadn't considered. I've got a post coming about some particular traditions that I'll put up as soon as I stop twitching.
  • Hospital Orientation - TB testing and situational education requirements at St. Mary's Medical Center, for whom I will be serving as an on-call chaplain. I applied a few months back, was eventually interivewed, offered (and accepted) the job; but it's been a timing challenge to get the "you have to do this before you can work here" details out of the way.
  • Birthday - The boy will be 11 next week, which calls for appropriate recognition. Cake, ice cream, and planned festivity with several of his cohorts.
  • Writing - a few overdue letters, a weekday sermon or two, and (as of yesterday) a collaboration with Reverend Mommy about one more devotional for the RevGalBlogPals Advent collection.
  • Miscellaneous - household maintenance, child transport, soccer games. . . the myriad tasks that simultaneously keep me in the running for the title of Domestic Goddess, and remind me why I'll never earn the crown.
Now I'm off again; but I promise to be back much sooner next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawgdays said...

Congrats on the job! And a very happy birthday to that son of yours!

October 06, 2005 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home