/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Another silly time-waster

With a procrastinating "thank you" to Beth, for this one...

How many total songs?
  • 1338 songs, 5.59GB
Sort by Song Title - first and last songs?
  • First: 39 - Queen
  • Last: Zombie Zoo - Tom Petty
Sort by Time - first and last songs?
  • First song: (0:30) - Hebrew Alphabet Song (sung by a former classmate)
  • Last Song: (17:02) - in-a-gadda-da-vida (extended version) - Iron Butterfly
(Actually, the real last item here is not a song; at 29:33, it's Episode 6 of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Top Ten Played Songs
(Something's wrong with my counter. There are a bunch of big negative numbers in this column, and the top ten are not songs I think I listen to so very frequently; but here's what's at the top of the list)
  • 1. Weakest Moments - John Mellencamp
  • 2. Brain Damage - Pink Floyd
  • 3. You're Only Human (Second Wind) - Billy Joel
  • 4. I Bow Down - Travis Cottrel
  • 5. Goodnight Saigon - Billy Joel
  • 6. Mother's Little Helper - Rolling Stones
  • 7. Play With Fire - Rolling Stones
  • 8. Here's To The Night - Eve 6
  • 9. Bat Out Of Hell - Meat Loaf
  • 10. J.M.'s Question - John Mellencamp
Last Ten Played
  • 1. The Ballad of John and Yoko - The Beatles
  • 2. Trying to Love You - Beth Nielsen Chapman
  • 3. Bookends Theme - Simon & Garfunkel
  • 4. I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth) - Meat Loaf
  • 5. Eight Days A Week - The Beatles
  • 6. Best Of My Love - The Eagles
  • 7. Astronomy - Blue Öyster Cult
  • 8. If My Heart Had Wings - Faith Hill
  • 9. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - the band
  • 10. Next To You - Bell X1
Find 'sex.' How many songs show up?
  • Only one item, and it's not a song; it's Chris Rock's standup routine, No Sex (In The Champagne Room), thoughtfully provided me by the college boy-- part of his earnest efforts to broaden my horizons.
Find 'death.' How many songs show up?
  • Zero. Zip. Nada.
Find 'love.' How many songs show up?
  • 89 of them, running the gamut from Christian Praise (Avalon's I Will Testify to Love) to country (Faith Hill singing I Love the Way You Love Me) to electronic (Digital Lover, by 33hz), to classic rock (Golden Earring's Radar Love)

3 Comments:

Blogger AKMA said...

How do you play songs negative times? Cause if you’ve developed something there, I think it’s highly marketable.

Right away, I can think of a number of songs I’d gladly pay to have never heard

September 09, 2005 6:48 AM  

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

I'm thinking that "A Horse With No Name" is probably at the top of AKMA's list of negative songs.

Two other things come immediately to mind: 1) I like the list of "last played," and 2) What are you talking about??? Where do all these things come from??? It must be some techno-geek thing.

September 09, 2005 3:46 PM  

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

AKMA: I have no idea how this happened; but the numbers are indeed negative, and very (7-digits) large.

Ref: What I'm referencing here is the program (called iTunes) that organizes and plays music on my laptop. It lets me sort the stored music files any number of different ways, and will search the list for keywords as well. I'll show you next time you're in town.

Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that you'd approve of my playlist. Glad you like it.

September 09, 2005 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home