/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, May 20, 2005

So, how was your day?

By comparison with yesterday's frustrations, today has been grand here. It's Friday, of course, which means I woke up in my own bed at home instead of the twin bed at school. Always a good thing.

After the kids went out the door, I got myself over to an appointment for a post-op check with the doc. This may be the shortest medical appointment on record; in and out (including waiting room time, mind you) in under 10 minutes. Then I stopped on the way home for a few items, and found they were on sale. Thou shalt not pay retail... words to live by.

Spent the rest of morning parked in a desk chair (figuratively speaking-- this is a laptop, after all), chatting with friends and working on this and that. A bit of diligent effort combined with some good conversation turned out to be a lovely way to spend a couple of hours.

After lunch I trotted off to get a tire replaced. Not only were the tire dudes nice, they were quick and comparatively inexpensive. Good folks at the Tire Barn.

Then we took the kids to see "Revenge of the Sith." Okay, who am I kidding-- we went to the movie, and were kind enough to let the kids come along. Review: It was a good movie, I thought, though it doesn't measure up to the original trilogy's standard. Lucas is great at plot and special effects, but his characterizations do tend to be a tad 2-dimensional. Still, it was worth the price of admission. And I did enjoy the Dots I smuggled in. I know, tacky; but it's a necessity. The theater doesn't sell them, and they're a family movie tradition-- my dad got me hooked on them years ago.

Now, it's bedtime. And though it maybe doesn't sound like much, I find I have a lot for which to be thankful today, as I say my prayers this evening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to mention that at most theaters, such a box of Dots would cost appromiately 4-5 times what it would at the drugstore around the corner. Nope, no guilt there.

May 21, 2005 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home