/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Recuperating

Coming along nicely, thanks.

Yesterday afternoon and evening I had an unpleasant spell-- the result of some mild overdoing earlier, when I was feeling better sooner than I expected. Yes, I should have known better; evidently I'm not that smart. Be ye warned, therefore, by my poor example: rebound discomfort is not fun. Don't go there.

But today life is gradually moving toward its usual pace once again. I'm back into regular (albeit loose-fitting) clothes, and doses of ibuprofen are covering the residual effects. I was able to make it to the boy's soccer game this morning (he carried Mom's lawn chair to the field), and to keep a long overdue lunch date with my friend Cindy (who picked me up and did the driving, bless her). Then I had a much-needed nap.

I woke up to find that my multi-talented spouse had installed a new kitchen faucet. The old one has been broken for some time, and we had finally stopped off earlier in the week to buy a replacement. I had expected to be putting the new one in next weekend (yes, me-- I'm actually pretty handy, and I like doing that sort of thing), but now it's all done-- with no leaks, and the hot water in the right direction, and even the spiffy new soap dispenser that came with it, put together and fastened in and filled up. Lovely!!

And now, it's dinnertime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home