/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Medical adventures

This morning I'm headed over to the hospital for an outpatient procedure (hydrothermal ablation, by name) that will hopefully correct some problems I've been having. I will spare you the gory details; suffice to say that it has not been fun, and I'm looking forward to a cessation of hostilities.

I'm not especially nervous about the procedure itself. Okay, so it's not my idea of a good time; all things considered, I'd rather be any number of other places. However, the only part that really concerns me is the prospect of general anaesthetic, as I've been known to get seriously nauseous afterward. This thought does not make me happy. However, the doc assures me they have new and improved varieties of meds that make that much less likely than it used to be, so I'm hopeful we can avoid all that unpleasantness.

I'm scheduled to be in the OR around 12:30 pm, CDT. If you have a spare prayer lying around about then, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

(Later. . . Home now. No nausea, just slightly crampy and quite tired. The doctor seems pleased, and I'm going to bed. Thanks, folks.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

prayers ascending
Shari

May 12, 2005 7:58 AM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

Prayer? Count on it.

May 12, 2005 8:33 AM  

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

A spare prayer?? Sorry, I don't have a spare one -- they are all being focused on you; no spares, but 100% originals.

Love you

May 12, 2005 11:46 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rest and get better

May 13, 2005 3:03 AM  

Blogger Theresa Coleman said...

Prayers your way. Let me know if it works -- my dr. has suggested this for me as well.
Blessings.

May 13, 2005 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home