/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Things to be thankful for

  • The elections are over. Whether or not my candidates won, or my ballot mandates passed, I rejoice that the media ads--with their innuendo, cheap shots, and partisan mean-spiritedness-- will be put away for at least a while.
  • Family and friends in whom I can safely place unreserved trust-- and who, to my great honor, return the favor.
  • Needlework and prayer: to allow expression of joy, and to while away sleepless hours at a bedside.
  • God's healing mercy, the workings of which are always beyond my comprehension, but never my appreciation.

There are scads more; but I'm a bit tired today, so lease feel free to add yours to the list.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

For the life and friendship of Andrew Ryan Bess, one of my best friends who was killed in a car accident on this day three years ago.

-R

November 04, 2004 5:25 PM  

Blogger Dawgdays said...

A family that I dearly love, and that somehow puts up with me.

God, who creates, redeems and sustains me.

A friend who has reminded me of what's really important.

Thanks. :)

November 04, 2004 9:29 PM  

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

Mountains in early November.

November 05, 2004 11:06 AM  

Blogger Beth said...

you!

November 05, 2004 1:46 PM  

Blogger St. Casserole said...

I'm thankful for your blog with your thoughts. And, the changing seasons, coffee in the mornings, challenging books to read, colleagues, West Wing on tv, early morning first light....

November 08, 2004 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home