/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election day(s)

Because I needed to come up to campus last night (classes start first thing on Tuesdays, and go all day), I actually trotted down to my county offices and voted absentee yesterday morning. I found myself following my mother's axiom, more than once: "If you don't see someone you want to vote for, look again. There's bound to be someone you want to vote against." Lake County politics frequently make the latter action part of my civic duty.

So now, my friends, it's your turn.

Almighty God, to whom we must account for all our powers and privileges: Guide the people of the United States in the election of officials and representatives; that, by faithful administration and wise laws, the rights of all may be protected and our nation be enabled to fulfill your purposes; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home