/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Pastorized!

Yes, I'm behind schedule with the blog. It's been a busy few days here. But I do want to back up a bit.

Sunday was Tripp's ordination, and it was a fine and wonderful thing. The service was lovely-- grand and holy worship. I sang with the choir, and was surrounded by some incredibly gifted voices (including Susie's strong soprano, soaring to Heaven during the Veni Sanctus Spiritus. One more reminder of how gifted my sister is, and how grateful I am for her).

At the end of it all, Tripp-- dressed in baptismal white, draped in Pentecost red-- stood as the newest ordained minister in God's church. And here is an amazing thing for a preacher: I have no proper words to express the joy and thanksgiving in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home