/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Hello, homework hotline?

Today's assignment is a project for my Anglican Worship class. We are to use what we've learned about the liturgies of the church, prayer book forms and rubrics, in the creation of some educational application for parish use. Our liturgics professor gave us several ideas from which to choose.

I've decided to create a baptismal customary: a document that outlines the way that baptisms are performed in the parish (preparation for candidates and sponsors, available dates, etc.). I've been around the church for a long time, seen and participated in a lot of baptisms, and have some definite ideas (theological and practical) of how I'd like to see things handled. So I thought this would be fairly simple to put together.

However, it's turning out to be more labor intensive than I'd expected. There really are a lot of details to include; and my professor, being of a perfectionist bent, is going to want to see all of them covered.

I was muttering about this earlier, grousing about the work entailed. Being the supportive soul that he is, my beloved husband asked if there was any way he could help.

"Thanks, honey, but I'm not sure you can," I said. "How up are you on baptismal theology and liturgy?"

"Well," he replied, "I know that if they drown, they weren't witches..."

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Thank you, I needed that giggle.

November 13, 2004 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home