/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Giving thanks

Yesterday I was up at school, for the second unplanned time during the week I'm supposed to be off at home. Both times, it was for the same reason: books. References for papers and projects. Yesterday it was a text for my history paper, which had needed to be recalled from somebody who had it out long-term. It would have been nice to have it sooner; but I'm really glad to have been able to pick it up before the week was out. I have hopes of finishing that paper, and a couple of online quizzes for Anglican Worship, before we are back in class next Monday.

Today we're packing, and driving south to spend time with Bruce's mom and siblings for the Thanksgiving holiday. That'll be good-- a lot of family time, with a lot of family. Before we go, I'm going to try to sneak in a nap, as I was up well past my bedtime last night chatting with a friend or two. All right, this likely wasn't the wisest choice, the evening (and early morning) before a lengthy trip; it leaves me tired, especially as I'm not the sort to sleep in, ever. But I am reminded in rather bleary-eyed wonder how incredibly fortunate I am to have, beyond all reasonable expectation, this sort of friend-- to be graced by folks in my life who will talk, and listen, with sympathy and humor and a rare sort of honesty. Treasures indeed.

I'm wishing for all of you this holiday the gift of being able to enjoy the day with people you love, and who love you. Seems to me that's the one thing for which to be most grateful-- today, and tomorrow, and beyond. Thanks be to God.

2 Comments:

Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

Wishing you, Bruce, and the rest of your clan a blessed and safe holiday weekend.

Peace

November 24, 2004 1:23 PM  

Blogger AKMA said...

“how incredibly fortunate I am to have, beyond all reasonable expectation, this sort of friend”

Odd — we were just about to say the same about you. . . .

November 25, 2004 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home