/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, November 20, 2004

I knew her when!

This week is the annual meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature, held this year in San Antonio, TX. Seems odd to think that, only a few years ago, I'd never heard of it. Now, of course, a fair percentage of my day-to-day friends and acquaintances are there at the moment: a big chunk of the Seabury faculty, and a couple other folks I've encountered along the line, as well.

This morning, Margaret Adam-- AKMA's wife, and a formidable theologian in her own right-- kicked off the presentation cycle. She apparently did so in fine style, attracting some glowing comments from folks who do more deep theological thinking before breakfast than I manage in an average week. You can read her husband's account of the procedings here (scroll down, if you need to; he's having issues with the site, and I can't link to the specific post, right now).

The line for autographs starts to the left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home