/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Farm Stand Season!

They're beginning to crop up all over. Nothing formal, usually. Sometimes a person with a truckload of produce for sale, parked on the side of the road. Sometimes a card table in someone's front yard, piled high with extras from an abundant garden, and a can to drop your money in when you stop to buy their fruits and/or veggies.

Today I pulled off on my way back from Monticello. An enormous bucket of really gorgeous strawberries followed me home, and I had the nicest conversation with the woman selling them, to boot.

Never mind a formal entree; we had homemade shortcake for supper tonight.

Golly, I love this time of year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawgdays said...

Sounds simply scrumptious.

The best "roadside stand" product I've had was fresh cooked Dungeness crab sold out of the back of a pickup truck. Mmmmmm.

June 10, 2004 9:39 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shortcake... ^_^

-Si

June 11, 2004 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home