/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, January 03, 2004

Technology is our friend


We spent a goodly portion of last evening upgrading my operating system. Even on my beloved Mac, this is a time-consuming adventure: back up the hard drive, give it a good scrubbing, install the upgrade (OS 10.3, aka Panther, for the curious), put all the files back, and check to see everything made it into the proper slots. It feels a little like moving to a new house-- boxing up, then unboxing, all of one's worldly goods.

I'm happy to say that the move has gone smoothly. I've somehow misplaced a couple of typefaces in the process, but I'm sure they'll turn up. The only aggravation is that, for whatever reason, the new and improved email system deleted my passwords. I remembered the home account, but not the one for my school email. Northwestern (through whom Seabury gets its email) is pretty rabid about security, and requires we change our passwords every three months. I just changed mine in December, but now I don't recall what the new one is. And of course, the Help Desk is not open over break, so I'll have to wait until Monday to get it fixed. Whee.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home