/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Friday, December 26, 2003

And we're off again!


Headed down to Southern Indiana for the weekend, for Christmas II. As Bruce's brothers and sisters (he's the oldest of 8) have grown up and moved out, getting everyone together for Christmas Day became a very difficult thing. So we've evolved to celebrating on the following Sunday. All of them will be there this year, complete with spouses and kids-- the first time in a very long time. Ought to be a hoot and a half.

While I'm gone, you can keep busy with the following quiz. I found it on Andrew's blog, copied it, and filled in my own answers. I have no good reason for doing this, other than idle procrastination: it's more entertaining than picking up the house, or the myriad other responsible things I could be working on, and yet I still feel strangely productive. Go ahead-- give it a try!



**********************

1) First Grade Teacher: Mrs. Ezra. A large woman, very kind, who had to wear these funky orthopedic sandals because she had six toes on each foot.

2) Last word you said: "Yes."

3) Last song you sang: The Be Good Tanyas' "Junkie Song," currently playing in my iTunes. Good theological fodder.

4) Last person you hugged: Carolyn.

5) Last thing you laughed at: Kyle, narrating a video game.

6) Last time you said "I love you:" About 10 minutes ago.

7) Last time you cried: Wednesday.

8) What's in your CD player: Manheim Steamroller's "Fresh Aire Christmas."

9) What colour socks are you wearing: None. Naked toes at the moment.

10) What's under your bed: Mabel (the cat) and a plethora of dust bunnies.

11) What time did you wake up today: Roughly 5:12 am.

12) Current taste: Christmas cookies. Ooh, baby, I love this time of year.

13) Current hair: Short, brown, baby fine, and (left to it's own devices) broomstick straight.

14) Current clothes: Jammies: oversized t-shirt and cotton shorts.

15) Current annoyance: The state of my family room. Scary.

16) Current longing: More time, or the ability to be in two places at once.

17) Current desktop picture: A family group shot, taken at my brother's wedding.

18) Current worry: The budget

19) Current hate: That I'm worrying about the budget.

20) Story behind your username: My first and middle names, by which my dad still calls me. I started using it online when Tripp got me confused with another Jane in the comments on his blog.

21) Current favourite article of clothing: An old pair of plaid flannel pants. Talk about slipping into something more comfortable...

22) Favourite physical feature of the opposite sex: Eyes. And hands.

23) Favourite physical feature of the same sex: Eyes again. Hey, at least I'm consistent.

24) Last CD that you bought: "Wash Me White;" 1-5-0.

25) Favourite place to be: Wherever I've got a book. The best spots are propped up in bed, or submerged in a bubble bath.

26) Least favourite place: Anywhere it's hard to get out of.

27) Time you wake up in the morning: Usually between 5:00 and 6:00 am. I know, but there it is.

28) If you could play an instrument: The guitar.

29) Favourite color: Hard to say. Blue, I guess.

30) Do you believe in an afterlife: Um, that would be "Yes."

31) How tall are you: 5'6"

32) Current favourite word/saying: "Really? I didn't know that."

33) Favourite book: In the Bible: James. Elsewhere: Hard to say, but To Kill a Mockingbird has long been a front runner.

34) Favourite season: Fall.

35) One person from your past you wish you could go back and talk to: Mom.

36) Favourite day: The next one.

37) Where do you want to go: Australia.

38) What is your career going to be like: Never a dull moment.

39) What kind of car will you have: Four wheels and a motor. Dark red, by preference.

40) Type a line you remember from any book: "Of course the game is rigged. But don't let that stop you. If you don't play, you can't win."

41) A random lyric: "Why take when you could be givin'? Why watch as the world goes by? It's a hard enough life to be livin'; why walk when you can fly?"

42) Identify some things surrounding your computer: Well, it's in my lap, so I suppose I am. What else? A pile of scholarship applications. Christmas candy. A candle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home