/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Monday, December 29, 2003

Homeward bound


We're headed back north this morning, and I will be grateful to get there. Don't get me wrong-- I love coming down to spend time with the family; and, with everybody being able to be here this year, this holiday has been a special treat. But "Everybody" is a lot. Mom, siblings, spouses and kids: 32 people (and 1 on the way) sat down to dinner yesterday. Great fun, and a wonderful blessing, and utterly exhausting. I'm glad to have come, and I'm glad to go home.

This morning I'm beginning to think of my sermon for next Sunday. Ben (my rector) is transferring the Epiphany celebration to that day, so I'm praying over these readings. Something to think about on the drive.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home