/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Tuesday, April 29, 2003

How was that again? (Ethics)


Okay, here's the deal. I actually did all the readings, 4 chapters out of 3 books, before today's class. I wasn't totally clear on all the concepts, maybe, but I felt like I had a grasp of enough of it to participate in the discussion. I especially liked the reading out of Church as Parable, which seemed to be all about the importance of discipleship formation rather than simply reaction, which I loved. To summarize: we are not Christian because of what we do, but rather we do what we do because of who we are, conscious followers of Jesus Christ, committed to the ongoing effort of training ourselves to conform to God's will. In my daughter's vernacular, I'm all about that.

Then came class time, and I seemed to spend the whole period before the break, trying to wrap my brain around our conversation. My absorption rate plummeted, and I felt really unqualified to be there. I got glimpses, bits and pieces, but there was so much of it that I didn't get that I have a hard time even forming what questions to ask.

I'm going to stew about this for a while, and see if that helps.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home