/* ----- ---- *?

Hoosier Musings on the Road to Emmaus

Saturday, April 19, 2003

Late nights and early mornings


I forgot to blog about my boy! I went home to pick up son Kyle before the Maundy Thursday service, so he's been hanging out with Mom for the last two days. Well, some of the time-- actually, he's had way fun running around with the other kids here on the block. I will say that my introverted child has really impressed me with his willingness to talk to folks, much more than he used to. Still quiet, but he's giving answers, and even held a real conversation or two. Then he comes back to our room and demands to know, "How come everyone's so nice around here?"

We were both up late last night, hanging out with Susie and Luke, Jeff and Cat, Tripp and eventually Trish. I put Kyle to bed around 10:00, but good food, music, and conversation had me up way past my bedtime.

This morning we were up at 5, to make breakfast for the folks at Hilda's Place. I was on the griddle, flipping a few dozen pancakes, while Kyle buttered toast.

It may have been Good Friday, but Jesus was everywhere.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home